Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reciprocity - It's a non-optional social convention.

Dad has been contemplating about shifting house so that we each can get a room. Well the idea has been here for countless years but has not been realised so I'm not putting high hopes that it'll succeed this time. Besides considering the location of the new apartment, I think that the quality of the neighbours are crucial. We have established a very positive and healthy relationship with our immediate neighbour family as we have lived next to each other for the past 20 years and going so I thought if we were to move, the most basic thing we can do is to find a nice family to occupy our apartment. Sadly, it is not like we have any buyers to pick from. Anyway, when Mum and I came back home from Lot One the other night, we saw this.


IMG_0562
What's this mysterious package?


Ok, actually I'd already known what was inside because our neighbour texted me to asked if we were home so she could pass us their home-made sushi. Since we were not in, they hung it outside our door as they were going out.


IMG_0563
Home-made sushi.


The pork floss (brown hairy stuff) sushi tasted really good. Thanks neighbour! In exchange for their kind gesture, I made tiramisu using their tupperware for them. I hope they do not mind and like my tiramisu.


IMG_0568
Dinner for last night. ($11)


I bought dinner from the japanese restaurant behind my house (Nihon Mura). The quality of the salmon seems to be improving and I like the spicy spider (crab) maki. I hope they continue to operate because many restaurants had been jinxed by the location.


It has been 2 days since my attachment to Fajar secondary school started. The Vice-Principal is very friendly and kindly brought us around for a tour of the school.


IMG_0569
My card access.


OM2 (Operations Manager 2) and Mr Kuan (as well as the VP) have been trying their best to accomodate 14 (yes, that many) of us into a room which they had converted into a temporary staff room. I really do appreciate their efforts and we will put in our best to complete the tasks given.


I am still trying to adjust to waking up early in the morning at 5.45am because I am guilty of sleeping at 4am during the holidays. It seems as if I am suffering from the onset of summer solstice, having longer hours of sunshine and it messed up my biological clock again. As I am typing this, I feel like snoozing already. Gonna cook dinner (maggi cos I had a late lunch) now . Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment