Monday, June 27, 2011

Condensed - It's been a while.


It's been about 2 months since my last exam (CM2142 Analytical Chemistry) ended. I have not had sufficient rest yet my internship at Fajar sec is about to commence soon. May be it is because I took CM3291 Advanced Experiments in Organic and Inorganic Chemistry during the special semester. The module was Bah. I certainly hope it will be an eye-opener (the internship) for me. Looking at module codes reminded me about my deproved CAP again. LSM1103  Biodiversity is the bane of my existence cause I got a C+ for it. This is the first module in my university days that I got such a low grade. Really low grade indeed. I swear never to take any life science modules 'cept for the one I am going to take at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) on my exchange.
Speaking of which, I was doing research on the places that I can go while in Denmark during Year 3 Semester 2. It seems like Denmark is situated roughly in the centre of Europe and allows me to travel around! Currently, the only country that I desperately want to visit is Switzerland because of its awesome natural landscapes. I feel it is on par, if not better, than the South Island of New Zealand. SCI SEP has sent us a list of the contacts of students who are going to DTU. Should I email them all for a lunch/dinner gathering cause we are gonna depend on each other in Denmark? 所谓在家靠家人在外靠朋友. Will it be weird? Anyway I guess I will be flying on a different plane with them (unless by coincidence) because MOE has decreed (a rather imposing word) that I need to book a plane ticket via its approved vendor. What is anal about going exchange is the amount of administrative work to be done. It's omgwtfbbq. Till date I have not received the scholarship endorsement letter from MOE. Hope I'll receive it by today so I can time my visit to NUS tomorrow to submit all documents after meeting Dr Leonard to get my recommendation letter.
On an entirely different note, I have decided to take CM3211 Organic Synthesis and Spectroscopy and a UROPS module. If I am unable to secure a UROPS module, I will take CM4211 Advanced Coordination Chemistry to replace a level 3000 core module because the year 3 core modules are does not sound the least bit interesting to me or maybe it is because I did not do well in some of the foundation core modules to warrant me taking up those advanced courses. Kinda excited about the new school term because I can finally choose the modules I want to read (the irony) and to work in the spanking new Radiopulze studio! :D
Sorry for the abrupt change of thoughts but I must thank Lloyd, Stef and Jerel for the present!
IMG_0525
At least this saved me from the hassle of choosing a new pair of shoes.
new-green-lantern-poster-550x235
Unimportant aliens unite!


We caught Green Lantern on that day. It was not a bad film but we expected more action from the Green Lantern Corp. There should be more coverage of Blake Lively because she is the female lead! Someone so goddamn chio like her should be featured in the poster itself. I was disappointed she was not in any and was replaced by some fish/insect/alien/rock hybrid.




In The Green Lantern, I felt that they had cast the female lead in a different light - A strong counterpart and not some damsel in distress which is a fresh idea. In the movie, Carrol (Blake Lively) helped Hal to shoot rockets at the monster blob, which temporarily gave her sufficient time to throw him the ring which Hal obtained from the dying purple alien (I like this phrase). Carrol is also Hal's boss and she helped him avoid a dismissal due to unrequited feelings for him. I am a big fan of superhero movies and so far, only Iron Man and Spiderman 2 left me wanting for more. The movie Thor has humour but not enough action as well while X-Men: First Class managed to pull off a satisfactory performance. Lets hope Captain America will be good. Catch the trailer here.
On a side note, Yue Ling gave me some Capitaland Vouchers and I really appreciate it. Oh the reason for the title of the blog is because I have not been blogging and this pretty summarizes everything for the past 2 months. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment