Saturday, July 2, 2011

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (3D)

I was awake for 23 hours yesterday because I woke up at 5.45am and slept at 4am today. I am still racking my brain to find novelty ideas for one of my projects. I met up with a professor from NUS Chemistry deparment to discuss more about UROPS (undergraduate research opportunity) and it went well. So I do not have to think about taking those boring year 3 chemistry core modules as I can replace the 1 core mod with the UROPS. I really hope I can do well for it because it does not seem easy at all. The first task the professor had given me was to read one of his research papers which I am trying my best to decipher.


I headed to town to meet up with David cause we have some errands to run. Topman was kind enough to swap a new pair of pants for my faulty pair (one button fell off and the other was about to). I hope the new pants can last, but I would not put much expectations for Made-in-China products. Oh wait, my Macbook Pro too. :/


There was a Food Fest Fair in Takashimaya shopping centre's atrium. We ate sausages, ice cream and stopped short of buying the dango.
IMG_0573 copy
Dango (roasted riceball in Japanese I think).


We tried a few samples and it was not worth the money.


Since I had booked the movie tickets for us, I requested VB to suggest a place for dinner. He promptly recommended Red Tomato, which we found out was Hot Tomato at 313 Somerset shopping mall. ._.


IMG_0574
VB, please get the name right haha.


IMG_0579
Salmon pasta with mango salad ($11.90).


IMG_0583
Seafood Combo ($13.90).


The green mussels were not fresh and the salmon was half done. Till now I do not have a stomachache so I guess the salmon tasted good (if it was initially meant to be half done). The dory fish was passable as you can get this from Fairprice but at a price of $13.90, it was acceptable.
IMG_0581
Chicken Chop and sausage pasta ($11.90).


IMG_0582 copy
Fish and Chips ($9.90).


IMG_0587 copy
Vb and Wen Juan.


This is Wen Juan's debut!


The photos below are koped from Tian Shuo's facebook so kudos to him! Tian Shuo was excited about his new hoot and kept shooting us.
Screen shot 2011-07-02 at PM 03.47.01


Screen shot 2011-07-02 at PM 03.46.49
Cam-whoring while waiting for seats.


Screen shot 2011-07-02 at PM 03.47.10
Guan Zhong and I.


Screen shot 2011-07-02 at PM 03.44.36
We looked really funny.


Screen shot 2011-07-02 at PM 03.47.04
I think I moved a bit.


Mdm Jayne came to join us for dinner! It has been a while since we last saw her. We had a good chat over dinner but she could not join us for the movie.


Transformers-3-Dark-of-the-Moon-Wallpapers-HD-Desktop-Wallpapers-1152-864
We caught it in 3D and it took our eyes a while to adjust to the effects. The movie was full of effects that you have to catch it in 3D! I still prefer Megan Fox over the new girl. The new girl has this British accent that did not go match with most of the crew but there were more action than speech though. Some of the scenes jumped really fast and we thought the film was cut at some parts. For example, after Bumblebee and his friends saved the people who dropped from the building, the next scene showed Bumblebee and gang getting subdued by the Decepticons. Also, we found it lame that Optimus Prime was trapped by some ropes and this caused him to be out of the movie for like 30-45 minutes. Overall, the movie was quite good. Even robots have a weak knee for hot girls.


P.S: Thanks to Guan Zhong for sending me and david home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment