Saturday, July 16, 2011

Time flies - She's got you high and you don't even know it

Three weeks of attachment at Fajar Sec flew by and I'm left with one week left. Gotta submit my two projects soon which I am quite worried about because we have not really offered any novelty ideas. Anyway, I enjoy teaching very much. The students are quite, unique. I rushed myself through the marking of a class's assignment before going out for Harry Potter and I must say the students are not prepared for 'O' levels examination anytime soon! I remembered I completed every practice papers diligently but I don't see it in any of the students. 


Anyway, I went to Joycelyn's convocation a week ago and here are the pictures which I had grabbed from facebook.
3
We look good here.
2
:)
1
Some day it will be our turn! 
I was so deadbeat that day cause I woke up very early for school, proceeded to the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE) for a meeting and waited till 10pm for the presentation ceremony to end so that Joycelyn to come out. Thanks Pristine for buying our dinner.


Ok fast forward to this week. I had another meeting with the research team and I was late. I went to IMRE not knowing the venue was at S9, which was damn far away. Supposed to meet at 4pm but ended up reaching at 4.25pm. It was rather embarassing because the room was rather small and the presenter had to pause for me to take a seat, which was a table with a plant on it (there were no seats left).


We had dinner at Superdog and the fish in the fish burger was really smooth, much to my surprise. Afterwhich we had some time so we went to Cold Rock to have some ice cream. 


6
Itchy nose.
5
Itchy head.
4
Strawberry Shortcake ($11.50)
Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-Part-2-Movie-Poster
Too close for comfort.
Caught Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2 with my army buddies yesterday. I must say the movie was really good. Like many people have said, it is the end of an era. We grow up watching HP movies! I found Professor McGonagall damn cute she summoned the stone soldiers. She exclaimed that she had always wanted to use this spell as she shook her fists in excitement. She was quite the pro when she battled Snape and chased him out of Hogwarts. There were a few touching moments like Harry witnessing Snape's unyielding love for his mum through the pensieve and Hermoine's desperate plea to accompany Harry to meet  Voldemort. The small bloodied body of Voldemort was nasty. Overall the movie was really impressive. 


Anyway I bumped into Alicia's clique at 313 before the movie and Ming han commented that I grew fat. Yes Ming han, please be my personal trainer will ya? Today is his birthday, so... Happy Birthday! He doesn't know I have a blog btw.


Thanks to Guan Zhong for sending me and David home again! 


Just finished watching 500 days of Summer.
500DaysOfSummer_001

It was an interesting movie because I actually could relate to some of the things inside. This is not a love story, but a story about love. The female lead looks like Katy Perry. Thanks Steffi for lending it to me! I'm having trouble watching the Kite Runner due to DVD region issues. Gonna watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soon. Oh yeah, I bought 9 dvds from Laserflair cause it is having a clearance sale as it is moving from Bukit Panjang Plaza.
8
What do ya notice abt the genre?
Three dvds are missing from this photo. Wolverine Origins, Iron Man 2 and Transformers 1. I wanted to buy something more intellectual but they were running out of stock for most of the movies. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment